Friday, March 28, 2008

John... you are not alone

It’s been a long time since I blogged. Many things have changed since then. Arambha finished his UKG exams. He will be joining class 1 after one month. Sarika completed her second semester. She will be starting her 3rd semester after one month. Nepal will be beginning its new era after the completion of election of the constituent assembly after few days. I’ve left job of Brand Manager for Lowenbrau Beer due to dissatisfaction. And after reading “Animal Farm” for I don’t know how many times, I am reading “Microsoft Dekhi Bahun Danda Samma” translated by Khagendra Sangraula from original version “Leaving Microsoft to Change the World” by John Wood.
It’s an eye opener book. Eye opener for people working in corporate world dealing with same presentations, meetings, tours etc. for business growth, not for their society’s growth. Eye opener for Maoists who always believed that only bullet can result into revolution. Eye opener for people like me who have traveled to more than sixty districts of Nepal and never thought anything for the society that I was traveling, only thought about increasing business there.
And here we have person like John who left his job at Microsoft and had belief in himself and started to change the world in his own way. He saw poverty and reason of poverty was not lying underneath many layers which required analysis and presentation. Reason of poverty is only because of lack of basic education. He established “Room to Read” which is giving space (room) for the kids to read.
What I couldn’t do for my own society, John did this for humanity. Before saying “Thank You John” I must say “I am sorry John… for not thinking in the way I should being an educated person”.
By the way… why am I saying sorry…? Why can’t I change myself…? Why am I scared to change myself…? I don’t see a reason… As a matter of fact I should be saying “John… you are not alone… although we are not together in person I am here to help…”
In my next blog I vow to tell you story of what I did.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Miresh Adhikari,
Namaskar!
Its almost two year since you posted the bolg in appreciation of "SIR" John Wood. I am anxious to know about your efforts to add oil to the lamp that Sir Woods had kindled.

Warm Regards.....